Monday 18 February 2013

Delicate Flowers - with gold tips!

 Today's post is just a quick one! I didn't want to take off my flower manicure but it was chipping at the tips so I grabbed Models Own Champagne and some striping tape and set to work!

This  was very simple to do. First I placed pieces of the striping tape at angles on all of my nails, then I painted the gold on beneath them. I then waited for the polish to dry - this is a very important step as if you don't wait until it is fully dry it messes up the straight line and defeats the purpose of using the tape in the first place! Then you carefully lift the tape up and voila! You have a changed manicure!

The gold tips brightened up the manicure and made it wearable for one more day which is convenient if you don't have time for complicated nail art, so I would definitly reccomend doing this with old manicures that you just can't bear to get rid of after they start chipping!

3 comments:

  1. Hey kate its Chloe McNamara i was ova at ur cousins house(sarah) a few hours ago And she dd my nails.. she was telln me all about ur blog which is amzing! i wanna ask u wheres the best place to buy nail polish. thanks. :) ~Chloe♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe, its great you like the blog! I get nail polish mainly in Penneys and Boots - Catrice, Barry M and Essence are all good cheap brands. If you don't mind more expensive nail polish, Models Own and Essence in Boots are also good. T.K. Maxx also usually stock more expensive nail polish sets at cheaper prices, so that's a good place to look as well :)

      Delete