Saturday 2 March 2013

In My Veins ( and arteries!)

I was inspired by a song I recently discovered by an artist called Andrew Belle called "In My Veins". I randomly came across this wonderful song on Youtube and I knew straight away that I loved it. I took my guitar out of its case in the corner for the first time in two months (I have been very busy!) and attempted to learn the chords for the song. 


Unfortunately, when you have a nail blog and you abandon your guitar for long periods of time, your fingernails grow long. It was so hard trying to play the chords that I went and filed all of my nails down. I figured I was probably making a huge mistake at the time, but it feels quite refreshing to have short nails. Maybe they will stay this length!


The song is called "In My Veins" but I thought my nails would look a bit dull with just veins so I added in arteries. Obviously this nail art is not biologically correct because the human heart isn't that shape at all but it was all in the name of creativity!

The nail art was also partly inspired by this post on Chalkboard Nails.

For the base I used three coats of Essence Absolutely Blue. It went on smoothly and dried quickly enough. I find it's much easier to do a few thin coats than one or two thick coats as the drying time is much shorter.

For the veins I painted on Essence Groovy with a long striping brush. For the arteries and heart I used No. 7 Devil's Delight and for the light shading on the heart I used 17 Ruby Gem.








No comments:

Post a Comment